Blog Image

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Eew...

Hello people!
so its been a while since i updated, and since today's the eve of Chinese New Year, i'd like to wish everyone yet again, a prosperous new year! may this coming year be benevolent to you :S hahah. 

so, i'm sure we all had our very scrumptious reunion dinners and all. Well, let me share a very much to be remembered episode of my Chinese New Year dinner! Oh, it gets a bit long and draggy. Please read this only if you're so so so free! Lets begin:


My reunion dinner this year was booked at a Chinese restaurant somewhere at Bukit Merah, which is also located opposite SGH (near Outram). and it was at a HDB Estate, whereby families would all meet to have their dinners. Hence, parking was a problem. This made my dad round many circles before deciding to park illegally along the road just like many Singaporeans had done. 

So, we were walking toward the restaurant when my mom and i spotted a man with his wife walking toward their lorry, with key in hand. This prompted my mom to ask him politely if he was leaving, and he answered affirmatively. We then hurried my dad to start and drive the car over. Meanwhile, the man got into his lorry and started moving off. 

My mom and i acted as the barrier to prevent anyone from entering the lot as my dad was just around the bend. HOWEVER, there was a van which just simply encroached my dad's path and started reversing into the lot which my mom and i were in. Startled, my mom and i stood rooted to the ground whereby he continued reversing - almost knocking into us. This caused my mom to alert him that we were right behind, by knocking on his van lightly. He stopped reversing. At the same time, my dad sounded his horn loudly for about, 15 seconds. 

My dad then got out of his car and started pleading with the driver of the van, saying that we had spotted it first and we had been waiting in the area for a long time. This fell on deaf ears and in a few seconds, he resumed his reverse. My mom did the same thing again, and knocked his van to alert and warn him we were still behind. This enraged the driver and he came out of his van, with his wife. He was rather rude, but didnt exactly mouth profanities, or probably he did... but i wouldn't know, would i? After all.... I couldn't exactly understand him. 

Speaking in Chinese, the man threatened to beat my mother up for knocking his van. My mom responded with a "Come, come beat me!", knowing that he wouldn't, adding "the police is right there! ". And true enough, there was a police car that pulled right behind us. An argument then followed suit, with bullish remarks being shot at my parents. This made me boil with anger as i held my mom back and shouted "Its okay, there are just so many ugly Singaporeans". The man then fired back "you think you very good?!" and i replied "BETTER THAN YOU, FOR SURE!" and he slammed his door shut and continued reversing. 

My parents then went over to the policemen and told them briefly our side of the story and we went off looking for another lot. While driving off, we saw the policemen questioning the driver of the van. Well deserved for such a heartless man, who wanted to run us over and beat my mom up. Sigh, what species of humans we have bred....


It is true that our side of the story about the lot being ours, is far-fetched. But still, reversing into a parking lot with 2 people standing in it, is absurd! Clearly, if a driver knocks a person down, they are in the wrong. This case, applies. So that's why my mom and i stood rooted. Secondly, when he threatened to beat my mother up, my mother fired back "come beat me!" knowing that he wouldn't because if he did, he could get charged. So, this scenario of fighting over a parking lot, ended that way. 

The aftermath of it was hilarious. My parents both debating why he would've done certain things. My dad saying that we cannot park in the same vicinity because he would puncture our tyres. LOL! Not to add that we were almost half an hour late for our dinner! Let's hope that he learns his lesson though. Singapore really does have ugly Singaporeans. :S

AHHH! so that's the end of my narration. My update ends here i guess! Hope that it wasn't that boring... This week's gonna be tough in school. with so many submissions and presentations! Blarhs! oh well, i wish everyone the best in the following days!

With love,
Marcus. 

No comments: