Blog Image

Monday, December 29, 2008

Top 10 of 2008! (1)

IT comes to the point of the year whereby we start thinking back upon the few things we loved and hated about the year. This 2008, i've come up with only ONE! of these lists. The top 10 things that were so wonderful and impacted my 2008 with a BANG! :D so lets countdown over today, and tomorrow! Starting with number 10 to 5 today, here's the tenth entry!


10. At number 10, we have the fake hypes of the year! Hypes ranging from those of Britney Spears, to Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. The crazy DUI arrests, all the spotlight in the entertainment industry pointing at the wrong people and how CRAZY Hollywood is! Without hypes like these, 2008 would've been boring.... really. Without the crazy baby boom, we would've died! From Jessica Alba, to Christina Aguilera to Madonna.....wait, she didn't have a baby, she just looked bad at 50 because she missed a BOTOX session... hmmm. Surely, the media attention created much excitement to 2008!


9. Coming in at number 9, we have the wonderful FRAGRANCES of the year! My personal favourite being Bvlgari's Aqva Marine. Yes, the one that everyone loves. :D Together with this fragrance, i also got Armani Diamonds. I got a new bottle of Boss Bottled. Boss Bottled is a very classic and slightly sweet fragrance. It was my first one, i still remember. and i still love it a lot :D well, that's about the only 3 fragrances i got for myself this year, sadly. Gonna be getting a few more next year! But 2008 was truly wonderful with this classic fragrance, Bvlgari Aqva Marine! Its always important to look good, AND SMELL GOOD! :D

8. Next on the list would be my 2 homely creatures, the pets! Always a pleasure to have them around, most of the time. thats quite contradictory but, I still love them. Belle (my Golden Retriever) turned 3 this year, and would turn 4 next year! While Duchess (my Persian Himalayan cat) is still a newly born cat of 2008! I have to say that i changed my perception of cats when i had Duchess. But still, Belle is not only the most lovable, but also the most understanding dog i have had. And for me to only realise how wonderful she is now is why she comes in at number 8!



7. At number 7, we have the debit cards! I remember i got my debit card this year after i heard about how it was possible to get it at my age. I was obviously psyched, and this has turned into something that has kindaaaaaaa benefited me a lot. Who knows what we would do without online shopping (right Kiewu)? so i gotta say that the debit cards have been a huge part of my 17th life! Be it booking movies online, to checking boring bank balances; the debit card never fails. (yes, the credit card doesn't either, but i'm not eligible. and I'm not Stephanie Wong. ) :D


6. At number 6, we have a very trendy factor. Fashion as well as clothes. 2008 marked the beginning of much. Be it the start of being different with styles, or the explorations of a few colours to the discovery of new favourite colours. Kiewu did a whole post on fashion, but i'll do a short segment. 2008 saw branded stuff flowing in, it saw mixing and matching, and it saw new frontiers. My discovery of red and lime green persists amidst the dull black and white. Accessories being matched with outfits that i wouldn't exactly try out, i'm sure i saw myself break a hole or 2 in my expectations in the "don't do" list! And in lieu of neon colours as the "in-thing" next year, lets start breaking down those boundaries to fashion!


5. At number 5, i need to really mention them. The Ambassadors of Ngee Ann Polytechnic, and Ngee Ann Polytechnic itself! The Ambassadors together, are a collective term for just many people who wana have fun, and know how to be serious as well. From the many occasions, i have bonded with fellow friends and grown to become closer to some. I'm really glad to have been a part of this family in 2008. It has brought much insight into my life as a tertiary student. And if i were to not be in it? Surely, i wouldn't be having that much fun in Polytechnic, no WAY!

As for my school, i'm glad i studied hard this year too! With receiving my O Level grades and applying for one of the best courses, Banking and Financial Services; i have to say it broke yet another record in my life. I never wanted to do business, but lookie where we are now!! I'm very happy with my course, and my school. I love them both, and thats why it comes in at number 5!




And so, we have come to the midsection of my countdown. I hope i havent bored you to death! The list continues, and much expected factors to pop out in due time, so do keep it tuned and come check back tomorrow! and for the eve of the new year, i have a collection i will be doing, so do WATCH THIS SPACE!

With Love,
Marcus.

No comments: