Blog Image

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top 10 of 2008! (2)

AND it continues that we countdown the last few top ranks of 2008. Without much hesitation, this last 4 entries are truly more important to me, and hence, have made its ranks as the top 4! Let us begin with the fourth entry! 

4. Coming in 4th is Music, Movies and TV Shows! Well, i have to admit that if my life was void of music or even teevee shows, i would find it really boring. Lets start with the music of 2008. 2008 saw many talented singers like Leona Lewis, who made her debut with Bleeding Love. It was R&B Princess Rihanna dishing out singles that charted at number 1, one after another. Take A Bow, Don't Stop The Music, Disturbia as well as the mega hit, Umbrella. It saw singers come back. Britney Spears releasing her album in December with her smash single, Womanizer and her next single, Circus. It saw Timbaland collaborating with various artistes in his Shock Value album, which leaves us awaiting the second album. Singles such as Give It To Me, Apologize as well as the huge hit, The Way I Are. It saw new singers rising such as Katy Perry and Flo Rida, despite their varied genres and style. 2008 in music was wonderful. :D

As for teevee shows! I have to admit without my weekly dose of Gossip Girl, i would've found the Internet boring as well. Others like the hit reality show, America's Next Top Model also made its highlight in 2008. American Idol saw a winner, yet again. Desperate Housewives ran its 5th season, which continues till next year. Knight Rider made its debut on NBC. Locally, shows such as The Noose was made a hit. Quirky and devilishly clever, it won my heart! :D The Ellen Degeneres show didn't fail. The movies of 2008 mostly sucked. so yeah. not worthy of mention.. :S


3. COMING in at number 3, we have my FRIENDS AND NEW FRIENDS! well, as cliche as this may be, my friends are one of the cornerstones that make me up. Without them, i wouldn't have been able to make it through! Be it ole' friends like Xenia, Kiewu, Rachel or Shu Ya, to online friends such as Johanna; i'm still very thankful to have them as part of my life! Weijin, you too even though 2008 saw you far away from home. And of course to other friends that i've known, such as Delia, Aryani, Kathy. You guys are all included as one of those i may lean on should i need an extra ear! 

As for my new friends, being my classmates. Si'en, Baoying, Sebastian, Alwin. This group is my purpose and meaning in school. i'm glad i have friends who do things well together. FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS!!! :D Other new friends in my course like Bertram, (who also happens to be in Ambassadors) i wana thank you for meeting up with me after school and all for a chat. Faith Christine! You're not forgotten. You've been a real help this year over the last few months especially. I'm glad i got to know you! Victor, you've been a slight help too. Even though a dull monotone person you might be, sometimes you say the funniest stuff. Thanks for the laughs! My REDCAMPERS! you guys rock so much! i dont think any of them read, but still. you definitely affected my year! :D 

Friends come and go. Much gained, few lost. For those i have inadvertently shut away, don't loathe me or be repulsed indefinitely. Life's purpose may lead back to a functional friendship. Don't hold bitterness, for it will grow sour. wait..... bitter becomes sour. hmmmm



2. Photography comes in at number 2! 2008 saw the purchase of my SLR. It wasn't only this that made the difference. It was the passion for photography. I'm not a creative person, but somehow, a bit of artsy me developed when taking photographs. I'm glad for this hobby, which is cheaper than that of my travelling! I did take many pictures that i love, but wont be posting it here. but do remember to catch all 36 of them i specially chose, on tomorrow's post! 

Also tied with photography, is my family. My primary support and brain. I wana thank my parents for being such loving people who sacrificed so much for me. Sweating and slogging everyday just to keep us going, to make sure we have the opportunities that they never did have. Wonderful, amazing people. We don't need superheroes because both of them are my heroes in life. :D As for my sister, i'm glad that i have her to listen should i need to rant. Despite us not being the closest of people, i still love her tonnes. There would be no other girl i'd want as my sister. 



1. Expectantly, the number one spot goes to YOU. No, not exactly the readers of my blog. i'm not such a suck-up! Its you, my one and only. 2008 saw me only about spend ALL my time with you. Investing so much from time, to finances, to emotions. i'm very glad to have met you, and grown something so special between us. Fun or Fight, everything good or bad; is still a lesson and a journey i treasure with you. It shouldn't come as a surprise that you are the utmost centre of me. Words alone can't recount the tedious journeys we trotted along this year, or the numerous laughs we had over innate traits we possessed. I saw finally, a more grown up perspective of love. I saw on my own, how love could change a person. In this, i'm more than content that the love is warming and shared so lovingly. It may not be the words, or the actions. But in knowledge do we know the things we know. A lifetime, a journey, a person. Thank you for making my 2008 probably the most peaceful and memorable year i have had. :D xoxo!



i wouldn't lie that i look forward to a better 2009, but i know that its a lie to think that it'll be better. Things would only get worse, so maybe. Let me set a wish for next year. Smooth sailing for me in every aspect of stability in the family, amongst my friends, and others. No drama. Simple. 

With that, i conclude this post here! apologies for the length of this post, and the lack of pictures! do check it tomorrow though! 

xoxo,
Marcus. 

No comments: